Skip to main content

My day in a nutshell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking about making my first ever smart home purchase

https://www.howtogeek.com/247500/how-to-set-up-your-philips-hue-lights/ I want to buy a "smart bulb", probably a Philips Hue, put it in my bedroom ceiling light fixture, and connect it with an app on my phone and program it to start slowly turning the light on over a period of an hour. I would program it to do this every school day morning to help me wake up in time for catching Ijaz's bus. It's so hard for me to wake up naturally when the weather is rainy and overcast. Also it will help me a lot during Ramadan so that I don't miss eating suhoor.

I'm worried about my boy

I worry about my son. I worry about my parenting. Sometimes I think I'm doing okay. Other times I feel a complete failure. It's so hard to protect him from the bad influences of this world. A couple of weeks ago, he translated for me, in sign language fingerspelling, what a video game player was saying in a YouTube video. My son fingerspelled the word "fucking". Yes. My 6 year old spelled that as part of the sentence. I don't even remember the rest of the sentence. I was so stunned by that one word. My boy was smiling because he thought it was very funny. He truly didn't realize this is a word that he is not supposed to know. But he very quickly dropped his smile when I said with a very specific and sharp tone of voice and face expression, "Please repeat that." He knew that wasn't my happy tone and face. He is a clever child. He then repeated the same sentence, BUT this time he wisely dropped the word "fucking" from the sentence. Kid di

Why are people so deliberately odious?

Two high profile examples of douche bags